Smart Casual Wear
A Smart Casual are wearing that well-fitted, neat and well-matched dress which are typically less formal that regular office wear.It can we defined as well-fitted, in style casual in good fabrics.
Sometime when dress codes are not specified you need to be very careful while selecting casual as different places call for different types of casual dress such as work party or friend birthday party.
There are some occasion or places such as parties, picnics, airports, malls, movies which do not required any fancy dresses but you might want to make a good impression on the surrounding people.In such type of places and occasion you should wear smart casuals.
Just don’t take the “casual” concept to the extreme. When in doubt, it’s always better to be a little over-dressed than the alternative.
Smart Casual for Women
Women can put together a casual look with these ideas:
- Skirts and dresses
For footwear, you can choose sneakers, boots, cute sandals (avoid flip-flops), or even heels.
Smart Casual for Men
Men can make a casual outfit with items like these:
- Polo shirts
- Flannels and other casual button-downs
For men, closed-toe shoes are a good choice, like sneakers, loafers, or boat shoes. Accessories like belts are optional
Business Casual for Women
- Nicely fitted tops and blouses, although shirts should never be tight or revealing.
- Slacks or skirts in more casual fabrics, such as cotton. If denim is permitted, dark-wash only. Avoid overly casual denim cuts, like cutoffs or flare jeans.
- Skirts should remain at knee-length.
- Open-toed shoes are permitted. Avoid casual shoes such as sneakers or flip-flops.
- Casual accessories, such as scarves. Larger rings, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces are fine, and may be of any quality.
- More leeway with hair length, style, and color. More adventurous styles and colors are typically fine.
- Nails can be painted in brighter colors, or with any type of pattern.
Business Casual for Men
- Casual pants and slacks, but never jeans unless stipulated as acceptable. If jeans are permitted, dark-wash, straight-cut only.
- Collared polos or crew-neck sweaters and pullovers. The majority of colors and patterns are okay .
- Casual accessories, such as brightly colored watches.
- Shoes that are clean. Sneakers are usually acceptable, as are loafers.
- Hair and nails can be more casual. Nails should remain short and clean, and casual offices generally allow for longer hairstyles and ponytails.